Freightliners City Farm is a community-focused charity based in the heart of Islington.
Our mission is to welcome visitors to our farm free of charge, and run evidence-based programmes that have a significant positive impact on both visitors and volunteers in the community.
What We've Achieved
c. 66 volunteers in 2016 – including people with learning disabilities, mental health issues and difficulties dealing with loss and isolation.
As a result of volunteering at the farm:
- MENTAL HEALTH: 96% feel less worried and anxious
- PHYSICAL HEALTH: 89% feel physically more fit
- EMPLOYMENT: 71% developed their career
c. 40,000 visitors in 2016 – including parents of young children, people with mental health issues/learning disabilities and people who feel disconnected from nature and their community.
As a result of visiting the farm:
- MENTAL HEALTH: 88% feel less worried and anxious
- INCLUSION: 92% feel a bigger part of the community
- EDUCATION: 82% know more about animals and looking after them